Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Senior Key Account Manager.
Purpose of Position
The Senior Key Account Manager is responsible for calling on, building business, and developing relationships with a designated group of Tier 1 Strategic accounts. This role is Customer facing and will drive the customer agenda and provide strategic and operational day-to-day leadership of the assigned customer. It will deliver results by influencing cross functionally and building effective customer relationships
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Driving Strategic Sales growth for Riverside Natural Foods:
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values, mission, and vision.
- Help to establish RESPECT and confidence with customers. Build and strengthen relationships across customers, brokers, and distributor partners.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottoms-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned. Properly manage forecasting on an accurate and consistent basis.
- Ensure execution against planning tactics of:
- Distribution: Utilize Priority Ranking List to close/expand distribution on core gaps
- Shelving: Work Closely with Category Management team to understand best shelving principles to share with retailers
- Merchandising: Create merchandising and promotional programs with retailers that support RNF strategies, tactics, and programs
- Pricing: Work with retailers on pricing guidelines & guardrails as communicated through Sales Planning & Strategy (on everyday pricing and promoted)
- Educate customers, distributors, brokers, and sales agents on product attributes and benefits while displaying HUMILITY.
- Build relationships within multiple levels of the customer organization. Develop and manage collaborative partnerships and ownership of joint business plans with key customers.
- Develop and drive strategic plans to meet or exceed revenue goals. Have high engagement with customers and broker partners to collaborate and partner during the planning process.
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities. Have a close pulse on environment and proactively have plans to support customer and RNF brands.
- Create and present customer specific presentations. Share strategic initiatives with broker & distributor partners, enabling them to tactically execute against plans.
- Develop customer-specific programs to drive strong velocities.
- Discover medium- and long-term opportunities. Offer solution based selling approach.
- Collaborate on marketing programs with customer and RNF Marketing team.
- Effectively manage trade spend against assigned trade budgets.
- Follow trade compliance and deduction support process. Manage trade payments and deductions in a timely manner.
- Communicate account activity/results via internal processes.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with accounts. Send out monthly updates to both internal team and customer.
- Drive strong partnerships and engagement with distributor and broker partners (monthly connects, quarterly reviews, KPI tracking, etc.)
- Demonstrate OWNERSHIP by managing customers as if they were your own. Full understanding of customer and competitive market.
- Attend designated trade shows and events as needed.
- Present all Innovation in a timely manner, creating plans for effective speed-to-market.
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Travel as required up to 25% of role
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrable success at creatively solving problems and implementing those solutions.
- Must have strong presentation, negotiating and listening skills
- Strong TEAM player with Energy, PASSION, ambition, competitiveness
- Outstanding organizational, and time management skills
- Intermediate level of computer and technical skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite
- Ability to adapt communication style based on the audience. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional way, both written and verbal
- Tech savvy with apps and sales related software
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with key business partners.
- Proven ability to make decisions based on a mixture of information, analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Adept and Agile in working through business analytics and navigate business financials.
Sales Competencies – Critical Functional Competencies Required for the Role (Advanced)
- Resiliency in Selling
- Trade Marketing/Financial Acumen
- Business Analytics
- Customer Specific Solutions
- Depth of Customer Knowledge
- Forging Strategic Partner Relations
- Industry Knowledge
- Influencing Through Communications
Education & Qualifications
- University Degree in Business or a related discipline strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive sales experience. Experience in the organic / health food industry a plus.
- French language (intermediate or fluent) an asset
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Senior Key Account Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Depending on the nature of the role, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. In this case, proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Riverside will consider and review accommodation requests based on protected human rights grounds for qualified candidates.