Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for role modelling and ensuring that our Core Values are demonstrated by everyone on their team while leading and developing a Production Team to deliver on all manufacturing goals in a safe and engaging work environment.
People Leadership & Development
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values
- Ensure each team member is fully trained on their job responsibilities and then cross trained in different areas
- Co-ordinate training in specific duties, machine operations, quality performance and safety procedures (e.g. GMP, WHMIS, Health & Safety)
- Instill a positive, engaging and RESPECTFUL culture and morale among employees
- Provide coaching & feedback to team members to support their ongoing development
- Address any performance, behaviour or attendance concerns proactively and if necessary use the Progressive Coaching policy to provide formal feedback
Health & Safety
- Understand, train and enforce Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Actively participate in all H&S communications, audits and training
- Ensure there is always a “competent person” on site to act as the leader as per the OHSA
Quality & Food Safety
- Understand, train and enforce Food Safety and GMP policies and procedures
- Ensure that all product is made to our quality and food safety standards and if required work with the Quality team to place non confirming product on hold
- Schedule daily work assignments for direct reports to ensure production priorities are efficiently met, coordinate line changes for different production runs and optimize the delivery of the scheduled products in the most cost effective manner at standard or better.
- Understanding manufacturing throughputs, KPIs, manufacturing metrics, and leveraging daily report analysis to focus resources on the greatest opportunities to deliver the planned schedule
- Oversee technical resources to ensure focus on the highest impact areas to deliver on the schedule and all other deliverables for their factory
- Manage workflow, daily production line activities and issues; monitor work TEAMS to ensure that required production procedures and product recipes are followed; monitor quality of product(s) at various stages of production
- Identify issues or problems, determine root cause of problems identified; rectify whenever possible, or recommend solutions to avoid issues reoccurring. Drive continuous improvement to lead sustainable solutions that are high impact.
- Anticipate possible problems, troubleshoot people and machinery to avoid unplanned down time and production delays
- Act as primary contact with temp agency for production staff
- Check/approve time submitted to payroll by floor and temp staff
- Help to develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all processes & systems
- Takes the OWNERSHIP to develop and recommend continuous improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality and efficiency
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Production Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager.
Positions reporting directly to the Production Supervisor:
- Lead Hand(s) and all production personnel
Key Performance Indicators:
- Employee engagement
- Health and Safety Total Incident Rate (TIR)
- Food Safety and Quality Complaints per million units (CCPMU)
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Labour costs/variances to standard
- Manufacturing conformance (schedule attainment - batches)
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Food Science, Business Operations, or a related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- Mechanical and technical knowledge of food processing (baking & forming/rotary moulding preferred) equipment critical in the short term for stand alone sites
- 5 years’ experience in the food industry with a good understanding of manufacturing processes, regulations regarding safety, quality and GMPs
- 2 years experience in leading others
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office and transactional knowledge of SAP an asset
Critical Leadership Competencies – must be skilled in each [#. FYI competency]:
- 2. Action oriented
- 7. Communicates effectively
- 9. Manages conflict
- 13. Develops talent
- 16. Drives engagement
- 25. Plans and aligns
- 27. Resourcefulness
- 28. Drives results
- 36. Instills trust
- 38. Optimizes work processes
Critical Functional (Manufacturing) Competencies:
- Manufacturing controllable costs management
- Labour scheduling optimization
- Continuous improvement processes & principles
- Root cause analysis
- Mechanical & PLC trouble shooting (basic)
- Preventative maintenance (basic)
- Supply chain fundamentals
- Employment law fundamentals
- Occupational health & safety fundamentals
- Food safety & quality fundamentals
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Production Supervisor or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.