Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Sr. Packaging Specialist.
Summary of Role:
As a Senior Packaging Specialist, you will lead, implement, and achieve the key packaging development activities including new product development, line extensions, Sustainability and GHG reduction, new market entry, promotional display items, productivity, continuous improvement, and change requests. Your expertise will be required to guide cross-functionals teams to solutions that satisfy production and marketing goals, whilst ensuring that packaging design is validated through testing and line trials.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values
- Work closely with the senior packaging engineer and the cross functional team (Manufacturing, Product R&D, Production, Supply Chain, etc) to develop packaging components from concept to implementation for:
- o New product development
- o Sustainability and GHG reduction
- o Line extensions
- o New market entry
- o Promotional and display items
- o Productivity
- o Operational optimization
- o Item change requests
Company-wide technical leadership:o Act as a subject matter expert on all related projectso Supplier evaluation and monitoringo Maintain up to date industry knowledge with travel as required
- Experience to autonomously coordinate, plan and execute line trials & PKG related Testing
- Packaging Design with experience in PKG material & Structures and interaction with PKG Equipment
- Create and manage accurate BOMs and specifications
- Troubleshoot issues related to packaging materials; coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to remedy the issue and make plans to prevent future occurrence
- Project management:
- o Collaborative working style
- o Adaptive to changing requirements and fast decision-making ability
Key Competencies for this role:
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things s/he sees as challenging
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Able to make a quick decision
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done
- Knows how to organize people and activities
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Knows what to measure and how to measure it
- Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t
- Can simplify complex processes
- Gets more out of fewer resources
Key Leadership Attribute:
- Collaborates with others to do what is best for the company as a whole; works toward shared goals.
- Reports to the Packaging Development Manager
- Revolutionizing Riverside packaging
- Reducing our packaging footprint
- Number of products launched
- Cost of errors
- Value of cost reduction projects
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or Diploma with relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5 yeas in Packaging industry/design & CPG
- Packaging development and manufacturing experience is required
- Proficiency in MS Office and CAD related programs relevant to design and palletizing
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Sr. Packaging Specialist or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.