Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our DC Manager.
This exciting new position of DC Manager based out of Calgary is responsible to direct all site operations and staff, as well as safety, Staff training, QC standards, regulate sanitation, security, and distribution operations. Responsible for overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing, and dispatch of a wide variety of products proactively maintaining stock levels to support business requirements. Ultimately, the DC manager will ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running safe, efficient and on-time. This a very entrepreneurial role.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values.
- Core responsibilities and measurables are spit into 3 sections: Safety, training & development, and Performance & Planning.
- Customer oriented, strategic management of the warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Lead on communication both with internal departments, distributors, and vendors
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations on site.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization, quickly adapting business requirements.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, food safety, hygiene, and security.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Oversee the maintenance and safety of all MHE onsite.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies.
- Plan work, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. planning, monitoring, and appraising performance.
- Produce KPI reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Lead by example and ensure warehouse staff adhere to ALL company policies and procedures with a Focus on safe operating procedures as directed by the H&S teams requirements. Develop a culture of awareness, around food safety following GMPs
- Manage and maintain highest level of training and competence for all MHE equipment. Continually work and develop a culture of safety with team, identify potential safety concerns, and oversee documentation including ALL near-misses. Manage & enforce record keeping – Sign in book, Circle checks, Drivers Log, Deviation, LOTO and any other safety and food safety requirement’s including company COVID policy.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Facilitate the training of all warehouse staff that includes orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Effective communication of job expectations and performing performance appraisals & development of the individual team members.
PERFORMANCE & PLANNING
- Demonstrate Proactive approach to planning and resource allocation, ensuring teams utilize their time effectively.
- Help develop and reports to proactively manage workloads, space planning and shift requirements.
Develop and maintain all relevant KPIs.
- Support inventory control activities
The position reports directly to the Distribution Manager.
Responsible for all Site employees.
- Focused on providing a fantastic customer and employee experience
- TRIR numbers
- Manage Branded and Contract Manufacturing Order Fill Rate
- Inventory accuracy SAP as well as Physical
- Voluntary Turnover % of Warehouse Staff
- Picking, receiving and Loading Efficiencies – demurrage and delays.
Education & Qualifications
- Adaptable to fast changing environments, relish challenges, problem solving skills and proven leadership.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse/DC Manager within the food industry.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices. WHMIS, BRC, CFIA or SQF preferred.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases Working knowledge of SAP considered advantageous.
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration advantageous.
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line DC Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.