Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our People and Values Generalist.
The People & Values (P&V) Generalist is the HR Business Partner for specific areas of the organization and has across the organization responsibilities for a range of P&V initiatives that include talent acquisition, talent development, employee relations & learning and organizational effectiveness.
The role works with the business and the P&V Team to continuously improve our organization and enable our employees to achieve their aspirations through work.
First and foremost the P&V Generalist is a steward and ambassador for our Riverside Core Values, ensuring that our Values are a vital aspect of all people processes and leads bringing them to life in all of their areas of responsibility.
- As the HR business partner for the leaders and primary point of contact for the employees for a designated client group, provide coaching and guidance to managers on all people related matters and act as an employee advocate, ensuring that every employee has an alternate channel to raise any concerns.
- In partnership with business leaders lead the implementation of all people processes and programs within their area of the business.
- In consultation with business leaders and the rest of the P&V Team develop customized solutions to client specific people and organizational needs.
- Lead the full cycle direct recruitment process for their designated area of responsibility – either business area and/or function – to deliver on diversity & inclusion candidate slate targets, time to fill and quality of hire metrics in the most cost efficient manner.
- Where required, manage external recruitment partner relationships to source challenging to find talent/skills.
- Collect post hire talent data and leverage the insights to lead continuous improvement of the recruitment process, sharing learnings with the rest of the P&V Team.
Talent Development & Learning:
- In partnership with our Learning and Development team, lead the deployment of certain programs within Riverside University (RU) across the organization to develop the skills and knowledge of the managers and supervisors within their area of the organization
- Lead engagement survey follow-up and coaching with business leaders of assigned client groups.
- Act as the change management practitioner for any project or change initiatives within the client groups to optimize change adoption and productivity.
- Ensure that all people policies and practices are applied equitably within the client groups and lead the communication of any changes to them.
- Ensure compliance to all employment legislation within the client groups.
- As assigned and aligned with our Core Values lead the development and deployment of any new company wide policies or practices to enhance the employee experience or adapt to any new employment legislation.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Client group feedback on HR business partnership and value add to enable business results
- Time to fill and quality of hire metrics
- Projects managed on time, on budget and delivering on project goals
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Direct recruitment experience
- Degree/diploma in HR or a related discipline
- Solid understanding and application of employment law and legislation within a business
- User level experience with a HRIS and ATS including reporting and drawing insights from data
- Demonstrated ability to balance employee advocacy and business needs
- High level of integrity and values that align with Riverside’s values
- Key leadership competencies:
- o Drive for results
- o Dealing with ambiguity
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line People and Values Generalist or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Depending on the nature of the role, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. In this case, proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Riverside will consider and review accommodation requests based on protected human rights grounds for qualified candidates.