Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Assistant Brand Manager.
In conjunction with the Brand Manager, the Assistant Brand Manager will be responsible for planning and managing short and long term strategies for the MadeGood brand to deliver sustainable results. Key areas of focus will be product and packaging development, social and digital content planning and creative, consumer activations, reporting and budget management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- In partnership with the Brand Manager, develop and execute annual marketing plans to deliver short and long term brand objectives.
- Co-ordinate and implement special projects such as launch materials, packaging graphics updates, consumer promotions by taking a leadership role in cross-category and inter-functional teams (internal and external).
- Ensure plan objectives are met or exceeded by regularly reviewing program performance versus plan/KPI and making recommendations to rectify significant variances.
- Maximize growth opportunities and/or neutralize threats by analyzing market trends, competitor and retailer activity, and making recommendations to maximize business performance.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external support groups.
- Work collaboratively with the internal social/digital team to execute brand content strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment that promotes new process development and structure
- Support the management of Marketing spending by maintaining a budget control report (BCR)
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
The Assistant Brand Manager reports to the Brand Manager.
- KPI Achievements
- Flawless execution of brand equity building initiatives
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders with strength in building trusting teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrate Core Values
Education & Qualifications
- University degree in business
- Minimum two (2-3) years marketing experience in consumer packaged goods (food experience preferred)
- Experienced with social and digital strategies, consumer promotions and tactics
- Strong understanding of business processes, customer service and logistics an asset with basic knowledge of finance and analytics
Skills and Abilities
- Must be a creative self-starter, able to work independently with a high degree of flexibility, proactively provide suggestions and ideas
- Ability to facilitate marketing deliverables in fast paced environment
- Excellent planning, organizing, multitasking and time management skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple cross-discipline projects concurrently
- Strong TEAM player, demonstrated ability to take OWNERSHIP
- PASSIONATE with a positive attitude with a desire to learn and collaborate
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
- Demonstrates HUMILITY throughout the company on a daily basis
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Assistant Brand Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Depending on the nature of the role, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. In this case, proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Riverside will consider and review accommodation requests based on protected human rights grounds for qualified candidates.