Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Lab Technician.
This position supports the research & development team through the organization of the R&D labs (2720 and 2700), conducting of stability/ shelf life studies and production of lab prototypes across all product categories, enabling the delivery of brand maintenance, quality improvement, innovation, and productivity initiatives to help the company consistently deliver high quality food products.
- Exhibit and protect Riverside’s Core Values
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the 2720 and 2700 R&D labs:
- Maintain an inventory of all ingredients (including new R&D ingredients), finished product samples and tools/utensils
- Maintain an adequate stock of all required production ingredients in the labs
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of labs in conjunction with R&D team
- Organization of the labs to ensure ease-of-use for R&D developers e.g. ingredients arranged by R#, cupboards labelled with tools/ equipment it contains
- Develop and lead initiatives to encourage good lab practices amongst the R&D team e.g. auditing of lab, disposing of products by best before date
- Responsible for organization and inventory of products and ingredients in the R&D freezers
- Responsible for R&D lab equipment and tools- calibration of R&D lab equipment, following correct procedures for maintaining or replacing equipment/ tools with support from manager
- Responsible for conducting stability studies for new and existing products
- Implement shelf life protocols as per the R&D procedure
- Organization of all shelf life samples including storage and sample preparation for tastings
- Conduct shelf life tastings with R&D team
- Collate and interpret shelf life data including producing reports for R&D Scientists
- Work in conjunction with other R&D Scientists to produce benchtop samples to support R&D projects
- Work with R&D team to develop practical skills for sample making across all product categories
- Independently produce benchtop samples, package and label according to R&D requirements
- Follow required procedure to ship samples to customers.
- Assist in R&D projects to improve productivity, quality, & consistency as required
- Other duties as required
The position reports to the R&D Senior Scientist.
- No experience required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and basic use of Microsoft Excel
- Passion and sense of pride for role and connection to Riverside’s overall purpose for a more compassionate world
- Desire for career growth and personal skill development
- The ideal candidate will have colleague or university degree in subjects that involve working in laboratory and understanding of laboratory systems (material/ingredient management, storage, inventory systems).
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Lab Technician or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.