Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Alternative Channel Manager.
Purpose of Position
The Alternative Channel Manager is responsible for building the business within Gas & Convenience, Food Service, Military, Drug, Value, Hardware and other alternative outlets.
Duties & Responsibilities
Driving sales growth for Riverside:
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values, mission and vision
- Establish trust and confidence with prospective customers, building advocacy, networking within an organization
- Build relationships within multiple levels of the customer organization
- Budget responsibilities for each channel
- Develop and drive strategic plans to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Monitor competitive and market activity
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities
- Execute corporate presentations
- Present products and programs
- Offer data based, solution oriented selling approach
- Discover and prospect for new opportunities
- Manage broker and distributor partners as well as other sales agents
- Develop and implement pricing strategy
- Plan promotional schedules
- Collaborate on marketing programs
- Effectively manage trade spend
- Communicate account activity/results via internal processes
- Conduct business reviews with top accounts
- Attend designated trade shows and events
- Any other duties as assigned
- Travel may require 50% +
Education & Qualifications
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience in organic /natural foods along with experience in various aspects of the food service industry
- College Degree or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable success at creatively solving problems and implementing those solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong listening skills
- Strong team work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational, and time management skills
- Intermediate level of computer and technical skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite
- Ability to adapt communication style based on the audience. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional way, both written and verbal
- Use syndicated data
- Tech savvy with apps and sales related software
- Energy, passion, ambition, competitiveness
- Integrity, excellent professional ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with key business partners
- Proven ability to make decisions based on a mixture of information, analysis, experience and judgement
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Alternative Channel Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.