Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Brand Manager.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the marketing strategy for a Riverside assigned brand to achieve brand recognition and the Company’s objectives for growth.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing/brand strategies and implementation of brand plans on the brand. As part of the Sales and Marketing team, the Brand Manager plays a significant role in achieving marketing goals and supporting sales initiatives and company sales growth.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Prepare regular marketing reports to identify ROI of various marketing activities
- Create/manage advertising for Brands under direction of Head of Marketing
- Direct daily marketing activities and develop procedural guidelines
- Create marketing tools (packaging, brochures/flyers, logos, SWAG, etc.)
- Create sales tools (sell sheets, event participation, samples, etc.)
- Manager Public Relations campaign(s) through agency partners and in conjunction with communication strategies and with the support of Director of Marketing to coordinate product endorsements and testimonials to maximize Earned Media
- Manage agency to execute consumer interactive marketing at events
- Manage social media & outreach; Create Trade Marketing materials and equipment at trade and consumer shows to maximize exposure and build brand recognition
- Manage/direct websites content & functionality, direct third party contractors (e.g. web designer)
- Support product development through market research, trend identification, review of consumer feedback/information, and communicate insights and action to all stakeholders..
- Responsible along with Senior Designer for development and execution of all Brand primary and secondary packaging materials and in store materials.
- Network and build relationships inside and outside the industry to maximize opportunities for MadeGood
- Provide leadership and development to ABM and Marketing Coordinator through mentoring and coaching.
- Manage marketing spending with assigned budget with participation in annual planning and regular reporting with Finance.
- Other projects or duties as assigned
The Brand Manager reports directly to the Director, Marketing
Positions reporting directly to the Brand Manager:
- Marketing Coordinator
- Assistant Brand Manager
Goals for 2020
- Successfully grow Brand awareness and trial by executing the North America Marketing plan with excellence and within budget. Identify strategic, incremental opportunities that present themselves throughout the year
- Support R&D in developing a robust new product pipeline for 2020 and beyond.
- Develop the brand plans for 2021
- Support the ecommerce sector to reach volume growth.
- Support the development of the direct reports
Education & Qualifications
- BA in Marketing or related business field (MBA an asset)
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in marketing in a CPG manufacturing/food industry organization
- Strong understanding of food industry in Canada, the US and internationally; experience in natural and organic category and small brands an asset
- Familiarity with Riverside Natural Foods & Competitor Brands an asset
- Self starter with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- An energetic and ‘hands on’ manager able to think strategically while executing marketing activities under extremely tight timelines for the fastest speed to market in the industry.
- Creative problem solver that can envision Marketing execution and also write, design Brand assets if needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, able to delegate effectively
- Intermediate level of skill for Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn new digital solutions.
- Team player, ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast-growing company
- Strategic thinker with superior communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain brand recognition and to develop and implement new marketing strategies
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Brand Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.