Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Procurement Manager.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the leadership and hands-on management of purchasing, vendor relationship management, and contract management for the company’s Supply Chain operation. They will be accountable for directly managing the company's spend for raw materials & packaging and ensure robust strategies are in place for continuous improvement and risk management in the area of procurement.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate
- Play a key role in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of MRP for procurement
- Develop sounds, cost-effective strategies for purchasing of materials used in the business
- Lead, coach and develop buyers to grow, add value and strive for continuous improvement
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Initiate, cultivate, and enhance relationships with our partners
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Always strive for win-win solutions and outcomes when negotiating with vendors
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimize value and quality
- Keep abreast on market changes, risks and challenges and ensure measures are in place to protect the business
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Evaluate spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries
- Develop and maintain supplier scorecards
- Set, measure and track departmental objectives/KPIs in area of supplier performance, buyer performance and inventory management
- Approve purchase orders and invoices
Education and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems, Supply Chain Operations and/or other relevant degree.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems including 3+ years experience with SAP (MM and PP modules)
- 6+ years experience in supply chain with at least 4 years experience in procurement
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous supervisory experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Great interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral commutation skills
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- PASSIONATE with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and collaborate
player, collaborative, with a strong customer service mindset
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Values in a changing environment
- Demonstrates HUMILITY
throughout the company on a daily basis
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Procurement Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.