Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Plant Manager.
This position leads all manufacturing activity at a single facility and ensures outstanding performance and employee experience levels are achieved.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values
- Enforce Riverside’s Food Safety and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Achieve 100% On Time In Full performance for all production lines in the facility
- Own and improve OEE with a sense of urgency using LEAN and Continuous Improvement tools as necessary in a collaborative manner
- Urgently address customer complaints with effective corrective and preventative actions to achieve a CCPMU rate less than 1
- Ensure correct utilization and integrity of SAP and Redzone systems
- Create and execute an annual facility plan and budget aligned with corporate manufacturing strategy and objectives
- Be a role model for data driven decision making at the facility
- Conduct resource and capacity planning in a proactive manner
- Lead and coach supervisors while promoting internal development and growth across all roles
- Provide clear expectations and feedback for all direct reports
- Contribute to forecasting, planning, and scheduling activities
- Add value through expertise and participation in new product launch, product extension, or line upgrade activities
- Achieve productive and respectful relationships within 100% of the organization
- Assist other Riverside leaders, teams, and employees in accomplishing corporate objectives, shows a One Riverside, One Team mindset daily
- Other duties as required
- Deliver WOW daily through:
- Relentless improvement of the current state
- A positive employee experience
- Organization, housekeeping, and cleanliness
- Reports to the Director of Manufacturing
- Production Supervisors report to this role
- Prep Operator, Processing Operator, Packaging Operator, and Team Leads report to Production Supervisors
Key Performance Indicators
- Health and Safety TIR
- WSPS Excellence Program Standards Achieved
- Customer Complaints per Million Units (CCPMU)
Education & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, or Business
- 10+ years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment, food and CPG industries preferred
- 6+ years in management and leadership with proven ability to build and develop high performing teams
- SAP exposure and expertise preferred
- Six Sigma, PMP, Lean certifications are an asset
- Passion for the field and subject matter
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Plant Manager or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.