Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Transportation Coordinator.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating transportation activities related to the movement of products in our supply chain (inbound and outbound) and supports the Supply Chain team in completing and tracking all supply chain related activities.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Ensure documentation is accurately and timely processed and distributed (BOL, customs, etc.)
- Coordinate imports and exports shipped to and from the company; work with customs representatives to ensure compliance
- Find opportunities for consolidation and efficiency of shipments
- Take OWNERSHIP to develop and maintain strong working relationships with carrier contacts; work to mitigate product damage and delivery risks
- Work closely with third party warehouses in Canada, US and Europe
- Work with carriers to manage exceptions and load modifications; coordinate with all parties on time sensitive shipments
- Create, update and maintain delivery schedules; monitor shipments in transit
- Track and trace outbound shipments to ensure delivery timelines are met
- Update and provide delivery tracking information to the customer service team
- Assist sales and customer service in managing customer complaints; investigate delivery issues (late, lost, damaged)
- Track and approve invoices for freight/transport/delivery services
- Monitor and calculate metrics (on time delivery, order fulfillment) and report on logistics transport/service supplier(s) performance
- Data entry, running reports, liaise with customer service & order fulfillment team
- Support Planner and Buyer
- Support all facets of logistics as directed
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
- Other duties as required
The position reports directly to the Senior Transportation Supervisor.
Education & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering preferred
- 2 years Supply Chain Logistics/Transportation experience required; certification an asset
- Experience in food manufacturing an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, knowledge of SAP an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to thrive under tight timelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire for career growth and personal skill development
- Team player with a positive attitude
- PASSIONATE with a positive attitude with a desire to learn and collaborate
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
- Demonstrates HUMILITY throughout the company on a daily basis
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Transportation Coordinator or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.