Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for protecting our core values and ensuring a safe and productive workplace.
- Exhibit and protect Riverside’s Core Values
- Understand and enforce Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Understand and enforce Food Safety policies and procedures
- Schedule daily work assignments for direct reports to ensure production priorities are efficiently met, coordinate line changes for different production runs
- Manage workflow, daily production line activities and issues; monitor work teams to ensure that required production procedures and product recipes are followed; monitor quality of product(s) at various stages of production
- Identify issues or problems, determine root cause of problems identified; rectify whenever possible, or recommend solutions to avoid issues reoccurring
- Anticipate possible problems, troubleshoot people and machinery to avoid unplanned down time and production delays
- Act as primary contact with temp agency for production staff
- Source and negotiate with employee uniforms service provider
- Check/approve time submitted to payroll by floor and temp staff
- Co-ordinate training for new and existing workers in specific duties, machine operations, quality performance and safety procedures (e.g. GMP, WHMIS, Health & Safety)
- Monitor, train, cross train, coach, and mentor workers. Instill positive culture and morale among employees
- Help to develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all systems
- Develop and recommend improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators
- Health and Safety Total Incident Rate (TIR)
- Food Safety and Quality Complaints per million units (CCPMU)
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Run Time
- Degree or diploma in Food Science, Business Operations, or a related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- 5 years’ experience in the food industry with a good understanding of manufacturing processes, regulations regarding safety, quality and GMPs
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals
- Self starter with a high level of initiative and flexibility
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Production Supervisor or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.