Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Shipping Coordinator.
The Shipping Coordinator position is both Afternoon and/or Day shift with some Saturdays, based out of the Warehouse with the primary responsibility for the clerical/administrative activities in relation to all shipping/receiving functions.
Ideal candidate needs to be adaptable and able to function in a high-pressure environment. Communication and multitasking is key as the role will require liaising between members on the warehouse floor, interdepartmentally and externally with Drivers and Suppliers.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Confirm and book appointment requests for all plants
- Greet and identify Drivers on arrival filling Drivers log
- Verify Appointment, Driver’s Paperwork, Pick-up # outbound and PO# inbound
- Allocate appropriate bay/dock and co-ordinate with the Supervisor or lead hand to ensure load is offloaded in a timely manner
- Update Shipping board with load information and shipper details
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is printed and completed in real time both for shipping and receiving. Includes BOLs and cross border documents
- Verify and arrange transfers to various plants
- Verify inbound orders (items and quantities) with Shipper to ensure paperwork is accurate and complete
- Assist with printing Pallet IDs verifying Item, Date and Lot codes
- Communicate with the Sr. Warehouse Coordinator on a daily basis if an empty trailer needs to be dropped, for load status, or if additional transfers are required
- Liaise with both Supply Chain and/or Customer Service regarding any issues, delays, or damages etc. with inbound or outbound loads
- Inform QC department if there are any deviations with loads - as per direction from supervisor or lead hand and documenting damages and issues
- Implement improved method of calendar management by ensuring:
- Assist the team with Inventory counts
- Wrapping, labeling and or general assistance as required by shift supervisor/ Sr. Warehouse Coordinator
- Prepare shipping and customs documentation, support logistics when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Change status of all inbound and outbound orders as completed (real time)
- Capture any additional loads not on schedule PO# and pallet quantities
- Capture double bookings and bottle necks causing demurrage
- Proactively look at calendar 24-48hrs in advance to help plan for space
- Daily review of shipping calendar to ensure all notes, exceptions & events are captured in the notes section of the calendar (change from hardcopy/hard written method)
- Ensure that booking protocols are followed or reasons for exceptions are included in notes section (e.g. “Same day booking allowed because ingredient held up at border”)
- Responsible for arranging input of missing information on calendar
- Email an end of day report of open orders and issues to the team
The position reports Sr. Warehouse Coordinator
Education & Qualifications
- Experience in a shipping/ logistics/ warehousing environment
- Knowledge in SAP or similar ERP system required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Warehousing or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of SQF, BRC, HACCP, WHMIS & Safety procedures an asset
- Fluent with Microsoft Office esp. Excel and Access
Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Able to adapt to fast-paced environment with continuous improvement
- Proven ability to multitask and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload, strong organizational and time management skills
- Desire for career growth and personal skill development
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Shipping Coordinator or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.