Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Health and Safety Coordinator.
The H&S Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the overall development and maintenance of the Health and Safety programs for all Riverside sites.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside Natural Foods’ Core Values
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
- Other duties as required
- Assist in the coordinate the development and review of health and safety related policies and procedures
- Assist in the develop and implementation Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Safe Work Procedures (SWP) and Physical Demand Analysis (PDA)
- Complete safety training for new employees, contractors and visitors as required
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices
- Be an active member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Take OWNERSHIP
to resolve issues and spend time coaching on the production floor
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of incidents
- Ensure training matrix, records, SDS and documentation is kept up to date
- Maintain OHS metrics and documentation
- Able to analyze such metrics to identify needed areas of improvement or opportunities
- Deal effectively with health and safety challenges as they arise
- Contribute positively in creating a safe and secure environment
The position reports directly to the Health and Safety Specialist. It has no direct reports.
Education & Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in a related field plus 2-3 years experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS and all other workplace Health and Safety regulations
- Previous experience working with regulatory bodies such as the Ministry of Labor
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative with diverse teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with follow through abilities
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong TEAM player demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals
- PASSIONATE with a positive attitude with a desire to learn and collaborate
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
- Demonstrates HUMILITY throughout the company on a daily basis
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Health and Safety Coordinator or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.