Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Industrial Electrician
As an Industrial Electrician, you are responsible for contributing to the company’s operational performance by improving the overall effectiveness of production equipment through reactive and preventative maintenance activities.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside Natural Food’s Core Values
- Participate in equipment set up, changeover procedures and troubleshooting
- Preventative Maintenance: Conduct preventative maintenance activities in scope
- Automated system programming, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting (Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, etc)
- Perform Preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment and electrical panel
- Reactive maintenance (troubleshooting, making adjustment & repair etc)
- Update, verify, and maintain electrical schematics
- Assist in maintaining programming, electrical component and schematics standards
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S
- Completion of all required work orders and associated documentation
- General Electrical duties including power distribution and lighting
- Mentor Electrical Apprentices as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have Provincial Electricians Ticket (442A or 309D)
- Knowledge in a high and low voltage (up to 600V)
- Automation Technician college diploma or dual ticket Millwright would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Must have knowledge of PLC, robotic, and HMI programming and controls (Allen Bradley).
- Proven experience performing electrical/electronic troubleshooting o equipment
- Must be capable of interpreting technical document such as electrical schematics, assembly drawing, etc
- Must have proven ability and experience completing electrical installation work including control wiring, conduit, power wiring and motor control.
- Demonstrated skill in technical documentation
- Proven experience with continuous improvement
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, follow up, and root cause equipment failures.
- Must be computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working with mobile work order applications (CMMS)
- Must be results and team oriented
- Must consider and prioritize safety in all duties
- Ability to perform Reactive Maintenance work and proper documentation
- Preventative Maintenance Schedule Attainment
- Number and Outcome of Continuous Improvement Projects
- Proven desire to learn, take initiative, and a PASSION for technical fields
- Previous experience in maintenance and/or related fields
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- ADAPT quickly and effectively to change
- Flexibility to work afternoons and weekends
- TEAM player with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates HUMILITY while interacting within the company on a day to day basis
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
- This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Industrial Electrician or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.