Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Food Scientist.
This position is responsible to consistently improve the Riverside portfolio through quality & consistency improvement, capacity expansion validation, and development of new product line extensions
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values
- Develops new formulations for flavor line extension to expand the Riverside product offering, meeting target costs and timeline. Completes all necessary steps including sourcing of new ingredients, developing prototypes, benchmarking against competitors, validating final formulation.
- Works in conjunction with R&D Manager fulfil product design requirements for PL customers
- Works with manager to identify new equipment or change parts required for line extensions
- Plans & executes plant trials. Uses results to make recommendations and actionable next steps
- Validates manufacturing process for new products
- Leads projects to improve productivity, quality, & consistency; engages all stakeholders throughout project
- Participates with R&D manager and engineering to identify and specify requirements for new technology to improve manufacturing of existing product lines
- Responsible to execute the R&D validation of new equipment to expand capacity
- Delivers and maintains process specification & finished product specification
- Maintains up-to-date ingredient & finished product information in Genesis software and customer specific specifications
- Commits to dealing with suppliers and the TEAM in a
RESPECTFUL and authentic manner
- Executes special projects to improve R&D capabilities
- Keeps updated documentation of assigned projects
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
- Other duties as required
The position reports directly to the R&D Manager – Brand Experience.
No positions report to the Scientist.
Education & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in Food Science
- Proven experience with product development life cycle (3+ years)
- Delivers results in context of time and budget constraints
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire for career growth and personal skill development
- Ability to take OWNERSHIP
and prioritize workload
- PASSIONATE and brings enthusiasm to everything we do
- Desire for personal skill development keeping a HUMBLE approach throughout
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Food Scientist or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.