Riverside Natural Foods, home of MadeGood Foods has an immediate opening for an additional Forklift Operator who available to work night shift for our location in Vaughan.
Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Forklift Operator.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Operate equipment, verify inventory and update and scan to system
- Support co-workers, identify unsafe practices or safety violations and escalate as required
- Receive goods based on existing SOP’s, making judgements on whether a shipment meets quality standards escalate as required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and drivers
- Ability to work collaboratively with production coordinating replenishment and picking.
- Consistently evaluating continuous improvement opportunities and safety
- Operating safely in a fast-paced environment. Accurate picking and shipping, verifying paperwork
- Occasional support for the team offloading and picking
- Constant standing and walking with lifting and packing and sorting as required
- Some computer work including operating scanners and material handling equipment.
- Must always adhere to the company’s Health and Safety and GMP policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Pallets picked/ received / moved
- Loading / Picking errors
- Material Handling Accuracy
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Food industry preferred
- Previous experience with ERP systems & RF Scanner (SAP considered an asset).
- Experienced with both reach and counterbalance a must.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven proficiency in material handling as well as picking orders & receiving
- Basic MS Office skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self directed and motivated
- Strong aptitude and inclination to learn
- Candidate must be business, results and values oriented, work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Riverside Natural Foods Ltd. values.
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Forklift Operator - Night Shift or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.