Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Trade Spend Analyst in Chicago.
The Trade Spend Analyst (“TSA”) support the Sales, Finance and Marketing teams with account reporting, promotion performance management, analytics and forecasting for the key accounts of the business units of Riverside’s branded products, including MadeGood, GoodTo Go and CookiePal. This role will primarily be focused on the US market but will occasionally support other regions as required (i.e. Canada, Europe).
Promotional Evaluation and Margin Analysis:
- Live and uphold the Company’s core values
- Perform a deep dive analysis on the Company’s current trade practices, where and how we are spending our trade dollars
- Price and margin analysis for key customer accounts, new or existing
- Proactively analyze promotional results and develop key insights on promotional effectiveness to help drive trade efficiencies and shape our trade policies and strategies
- Analysis of Spins and SAC BI data to identify optimal promotional item mix and best use of trade dollars (by customer, geography, sku)
- Analyze promotional results and develop key insights on promotional effectiveness to help drive Revenue
- Understand new contract negotiations - fixed and variable spending (e.g. OI’s, program commitments)
- ROI Evaluation of new promotions (Test and Learn a promotion that I have not run before)
- Utilizes the trade marketing spending plan effectively to optimize spend, create competitive advantage, or mitigate risk while maximizing ROI
- Develop merchandising guidelines in line with brand, pack price and channel which align the priorities of Sales and Marketing
- Assist in the tracking and recording of revenue & trade spending (Forecast/ LE Process)
- Review sales plans: identify potential overspend issues to align with AOP spend rates
Key Account Plans:
- Assist in the development of the annual account planning template for assigned regions
- Participate in the Account Planning strategic team
- Assist in the organization of historical revenue, spend rates, customer efficiencies, analyzing trade and potential issues
- Liaise with the Key Account Managers preparation of quarterly key account plan reviews
- Identify insights and actions items to improve account profitability (net sales and net profit)
- Communicate to the Sales Team actionable data around planned trade spending and actuals by leveraging trade management system in 2021
- Evaluate Incremental request for trade funding beyond account planning
Internal Corporate Technology Launch, tracking and reporting:
- Assist in the setup of the TPM implementation in 2021
- Responsible for Business support in the launch of our TPM tool and integration into Riverside internal Ops systems SAP CRM Data warehouse
- Create/update scorecards on trade activity; Provides forecast summary to Senior Management on committed trade activity for Monthly and Weekly reporting
- Sales supports - Support the sales team in managing relationships with existing, new and prospective customer accounts and for managing all related data
- Using POS data, conducts data analysis and assembles summaries to create insights for salespeople and customers
- Lead the collection and tracking to Retailer Building Blocks; Generate and manage sales reporting data to provide a detailed (by customer) analysis of actual performance versus plan
- Review Compliance to Brand Plan and Trade Guidelines
- Participation in the S&OP Process - Liaise with Finance, Demand Planning and Sales and improve forecasting process
- Tracking of Riverside Retail initiatives (e.g. National Programs, Innovation)
- Establish Base Price by SKU, conversion of price lists
- Resource support to update Stage Gate process; Net of COGs contribution on new skus
- Indirect / Direct Analysis – Understand the cost to fulfill and serve customers including Broker arrangements and responsibilities
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business, or related fields
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in CPG/retail as sales or Trade analyst
- Previous experience managing and analyzing datasets and building financial models
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and ability to work on several deliverables simultaneous
- MS Excel advanced level and ability to create confidently draw conclusions from data
- Basic understanding of manufacturing business processes in the CPG industry
- Intermediate knowledge of data analytics and BI tools
- Familiar with SAP and/or other ERPs
- Previous experience with sales forecasting and sales budgets
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses unique perspective and intuition routed in deep industry and customer knowledge and is seen as a value-added partner in providing mutual business building opportunities
- Drives for results, takes a proactive approach to seizing opportunities and/or resolving challenges with a sense of urgency.
- High level of business acumen expressed through an understanding of the balance between gut-feel and data; willing to make business decisions.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate and react to frequently changing business conditions with proven ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Understands how to create value across the organization and is sought out to assist in resolving issues, initiating change, increasing productivity, and improving performance.
- Approachability / Interpersonal savvy; Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work effectively across organizations and cross culturally interfacing with all levels of management; possessing the ability to influence.
- Self- starter individual, with entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys working in start-up alike work environment.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity, adaptable and flexible to work with different stakeholders.
- Through interactions shows genuine effectiveness at developing trust with internal customers.
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals with the subject line Trade Spend Analyst - Chicago or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.