This position supports the development and growth of sales of MadeGood branded products both in a sales and marketing capacity. This role combines brand ambassador, merchandising, demoing and some field sales activities.
As a young, but growing brand, the brand ambassador will actively support in-store promotional and merchandising campaigns, participate in sales demos and trade shows; and support/coordinate with consumer show marketing teams.
This is position will require regular weekend work combined with week days so flexible schedules are critical.
- Exhibit and protect the Company core values
- Understand and communicate MadeGood brand message to existing and future accounts
- Ensure all products are featured and displayed as agreed/expected in-store (facings, pricing, display)
- Provide samples, product information and/or demos/training for store staff as required
- Collect information and provide feedback on local marketplace (competitor activity, distribution issues, pricing)
- Optimize in-store marketing opportunities
- Check on SKU’s and facilitate reorder if required;
- Develop and foster relationships with new and existing retail accounts
- Implements account plans
- Enhances customer relationships
- Develop leads, cold call/warm call retailers
- Actively upsell MadeGood products to existing customers and actively support the regional sales plan as directed
- Manage own inventory of MadeGood product (for samples, demos, etc.)
- Be flexible to support a big sales push or act as back up for other territory reps
- Be flexible to undertake and/or support any other activity to build brand awareness
- Participate in regular weekend marketing events
- Maintain an active social media presence to promote the brand
The Brand Ambassador reports to the Western Regional Sales Manager
This is an independent, home office-based role, working closely with Canadian HQ, other regional and the US national sales teams.
Key Performance Indicators
- # of Sales Demos
- # of Trade/Consumer Shows
- Accuracy of In-store Facings
- Collaboration with/feedback from sales team
- Customer Feedback
- Degree or diploma in Sales, Marketing or a related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- Prior experience in a field role representing a brand/product; representing a consumer product preferred
- Extroverted, outgoing personality; high energy with exceptional relationship building and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Imaginative/creative, with a high level of initiative, flexibility and tenacity; strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to independently generate sales
- Excellent planning, organizing, multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Strong team player, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Tech savvy – have strong technical (hardware/software/apps) skills and understand how to use tech skills for sales purposes
- Access to a reliable vehicle or other means of travel
How to Apply
If you believe that a fast paced, creative, friendly and entrepreneurial environment at a company with a commitment to excellence is the place for you and if you have the attitude and experience we need, then please send us your resume!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.