Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Regulatory Specialist - RNF Pet Products
Candidate will provide regulatory guidance and technical support to the company, our customers and vendors relating to the pet business. Support other departments to ensure ingredients, packaging and products are in accordance with applicable food laws, regulations, claims and certifications. Must stay on top of existing standards and changes to assess and communicate their impact to the business. Must be a detail oriented, critical thinker, motivated and adaptable to a fast-moving environment.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
The position reports directly to the Sr. Regulatory Specialist. It has no direct reports.
1. Science Degree or Diploma (Preference for specialization in Food Science/Regulatory Affairs) with 1-2 years of experience in pet food/treat manufacturing.
2. PASSIONATE and working knowledge of global pet food labeling regulations.
3. Expertise in R&D Genesis (or equivalent Food Formulation Software) and Microsoft Office.
4. Skill to research regulatory issues and lead/influence resolution
5. Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative with diverse teams
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with follow through abilities
7. Must be self-starter, organized, detail oriented and be able to prioritize tasks
8. Aptitude to exhibit RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment.
9. Positive attitude with a desire to learn and collaborate
10. TEAM player, collaborative, with a strong customer service mindset
11. Demonstrates HUMILITY throughout the company on a daily basis
12. Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Regulatory Specialist - RNF Pet Products or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.