Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Assistant Corporate Controller.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for managing, leading, supporting and performing duties related to the accounting function, including but not limited to financial reporting, month-end closing, treasury, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, trade deductions, and fixed assets; as well as overseeing the year-end reporting including audit support and tax filings. The Assistant Controller also supports the Corporate Controller in other accounting functions including management reporting, account analysis, budgeting, and cash flow.
The Assistant Controller plays a critical role in leading the Accounting department to ensure that all accounting processes and documentation are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Lead, coach and mentor the team consistent with company policies, guidelines, and standards
- Develop and deliver accurate and timely internal financial reports based on business requirements to support effective management and ensure responsible fiscal management, including completion of month-end working papers, adjusting entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements for the Riverside group of companies
- Oversee the implementation of accounting automation tools with a focus on improving processing time, paper reduction and accurate reporting
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger and the integrity of the accounting data
- Supervise Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff
- Liaise with, and train other company departments to ensure best practices are maintained for accounting integrity, accuracy and timeliness
- Manage, grow, nurture and develop the accounting team
- Review all Government Remittances: HST, WSIB, EHT, Corporate Tax installments (Canadian and US filings)
- Key Team member in the annual financial statement audit with the external accountants
- Oversee the treasury function from a reconciliation perspective including bank reconciliations, cheque runs, EFT/ACH and wire processing
- Oversee the fixed asset continuity schedule/depreciation schedule
- Review the monthly sales commission reports prepared by the accounting manager
- Oversee credit applications and new customer account administration
- Support the annual budgeting process, including measurement, reporting and analysis where required
- Manage user access and administrative rights for the company’s accounting software
- Research accounting topics in support of complex accounting transactions
- Attend professional development courses to maintain designation in good standing
- Leading a successful Year-end Audit (Targeting 6 weeks including 2 weeks interim & 4 weeks post YE)
- Effective Management of our Cash Conversion Cycle (AR + AP) to decrease our net cash conversion cycle specific to AR and AP
- Leading our Month-end close process where we are consistently targeting to be closed within 5 business days accurately
The Assistant Corporate Controller reports to the Corporate Controller
The Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant (AR & Treasury) and A/R Coordinators (2) report to the Assistant Corporate Controller
Education & Qualifications
- Certified accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA)
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field with 6+ years of experience and 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience and expertise in working with an ERP system
- Familiarity with multi-currency transactions
- Working knowledge of consolidation procedures
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Familiarity with accounting automation software
Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent planning, organizing, multitasking and time management skills
- A collaborative self-starter with a high level of initiative and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong computer skills, intermediate level or above for Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel and Outlook
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Assistant Corporate Controller or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.