Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Strategic Account Manager Ecommerce- US.
Purpose of Position
The Strategic Account Manager, eCommerce - US is responsible for developing the strategy for growing the eCommerce business in the United States with a designated group of eCommerce accounts. Responsible for engaging with primary online retailers such as Amazon, Costco, Walmart Marketplace, and Target as well as various other online retailers and will leverage technology, marketing, eCommerce partners and other creative/innovative/media means to achieve this goal.
This role works closely with the marketing, trade marketing and planning/logistics teams to grow our brand sales and awareness through these eCommerce platforms. Ultimately the goal of this role will be to ensure each of the online retailers provide a great experience for their shoppers, while supporting our brands objectives.
This role is a key pillar in the current and future growth objectives for Riverside and reports to the Sr. Director of, eCommerce & Omnichannel and will collaborate regularly with the Strategic Account Managers of other zones. This role will also be a people leader role with the responsibility to developing key talent.
Duties & Responsibilities
Driving sales growth for Riverside Natural Foods (RNF):
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values, mission, and vision.
- Help to establish RESPECT and confidence with retailers and our partners.
- Responsible for building a comprehensive eCommerce strategy that addresses short-term sales conversion targets, mid-term sales growth targets, and long-term brand awareness and sales targets.
- Ensure execution against planning tactics of:
- Online Distribution: Utilize Sku Priority Ranking List to ensure online distribution on core skus with eCommerce pack configurations as needed
- Digital Shelving: Work Closely with internal teams to implement best digital shelving A+ Content and win share of shelf.
- Merchandising: Create merchandising online promotional programs with accounts that support RNF strategies, tactics, and programs
- Pricing: Implement pricing guidelines & guardrails for eCommerce skus in line with and as communicated through Sales Planning & Strategy (on everyday pricing and promoted)
- Educate retailers on product attributes and benefits while displaying HUMILITY.
- Develop and drive strategic plans to meet or exceed revenue goals particularly leading the Amazon Canada business. Align the business to, and achieve, the sales targets annually for each online account.
- Develop and execute first and third-party marketplace strategies with a focus on driving web conversion, average order size, and profitable sales. Collaborate on marketing programs with RNF Marketing team and any external third-party partners supporting the account(s). Understand and communicate brand messages on various online platforms.
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends in our portfolio or new competitive threats and opportunities. Have a close pulse on environment and proactively have plans to support retailers and RNF brands.
- Effectively manage trade spend against assigned trade budgets.
- Follow trade compliance and spend support process. Manage trade payments and spend in a timely manner.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and send out monthly updates
- Demonstrate OWNERSHIP by managing accounts as if they were your own. Full understanding of accounts and competitive market.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning to ensure in stock targets are met. Own the bottoms-up forecast for the forecasting/S&OP process for each account owned. Properly manage forecasting on an accurate and consistent basis.
- Liaise with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to report internally on Amazon and other platforms the product performances, top site searches, checkout conversion rates; build strategies to reduce abandoned carts, increase conversion and increase average order value
- Discover medium- and long-term opportunities to grow the accounts. Continuously research/explore opportunities to enhance the shopper’s online experience
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required occasionally
Education & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or College diploma in a related field
- 3-5 years of progressive sales experience of which 3+ years is with managing Amazon from a direct or marketplace relationship
- Working knowledge of retail business acumen and e-commerce best practices
- Experience with eCommerce Omni channels accounts considered a must
- Experience in the organic / health food industry a plus.
- Preferred to be in the Chicago market. Open to remote for the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable success in eCommerce and at creatively solving problems and implementing those solutions.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and projects with competing deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to drive towards a larger big picture vision while managing the details.
- Ability to be ADAPTABLE and flexible to a changing environment.
- Proficient in latest and most effective SEO/SEM tactics and analytics
- Expertise in digital analytics and consumer insights
- Strong knowledge of content management systems, eCommerce platforms, MS Office suite
- Strong TEAM player
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt communication style based on the audience. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional way, both written and verbal
- Resourcefulness and Resiliency in Selling
- Self-starter, highly self-motivated
- Strong ability to navigate business financials.
- Energy, PASSION, drive for results
- Displays integrity, excellent professional ethics.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with key business partners.
- Proven ability to make decisions based on a mixture of information, analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Adept and Agile in working through business analytics.
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line
Strategic Account Manager Ecommerce- US or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.