Time to get your career started?
Fresh, innovative, positive, forward thinking. Riverside Natural Foods is a young company manufacturing award winning, organic, allergen free snack foods. Ours is an open, friendly, fast paced work environment where everyone pitches in to help. Our company and our brand is growing fast and we are adding positions in Toronto and across Canada. Today, we have an exciting opportunity for YOU to join a GREAT TEAM as Brand Manager.
MadeGood® with people in mind
We believe the choices we make affect the people around us. Positive choices have the power to inspire goodness in others and we like to lead by example. We value and respect the relationships we have with our employees and customers and like to leave the communities we work with better than we found them. You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the marketing strategy for a Riverside assigned brand to achieve brand recognition and the Company’s objectives for growth.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing/brand strategies and implementation of brand plans on the brand. As part of the Sales and Marketing team, the Brand Manager plays a significant role in achieving marketing goals and supporting sales initiatives and company sales growth.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values
- Prepare regular marketing reports to identify ROI of various marketing activities
- Create/manage advertising for Brands under direction of Director of Marketing
- Direct daily marketing activities and develop procedural guidelines
- Create marketing tools (packaging, brochures/flyers, logos, SWAG, etc.)
- Create sales tools (sell sheets, event participation, samples, etc.)
- Manager Public Relations campaign(s) through agency partners and in conjunction with communication strategies and with the support of Director of Marketing to coordinate product endorsements and testimonials to maximize Earned Media
- Manage agency to execute consumer interactive marketing at events
- Manage social media & outreach; Create Trade Marketing materials and equipment at trade and consumer shows to maximize exposure and build brand recognition
- Manage/direct websites content & functionality, direct third party contractors (e.g. web designer)
- Support product development through market research, trend identification, review of consumer feedback/information, and communicate insights and action to all stakeholders..
- Responsible along with Senior Designer for development and execution of all Brand primary and secondary packaging materials and in store materials.
- Network and build relationships inside and outside the industry to maximize opportunities for MadeGood
- Provide leadership and development to ABM and Marketing Coordinator through mentoring and coaching.
- Manage marketing spending with assigned budget with participation in annual planning and regular reporting with Finance.
- Other projects or duties as assigned
The Brand Manager reports directly to the Sr Marketing Manager
Positions reporting directly to the Brand Manager:
· Marketing Coordinator
· Assistant Brand Manager
Goals for 2019
- Successfully grow Brand awareness and trial by executing the North America Marketing plan with excellence and within budget. Identify strategic, incremental opportunities that present themselves throughout the year
- Support R&D in developing a robust new product pipeline for 2020 and beyond.
- Support the successful launch of market dedicated MadeGood initiatives in Germany and UK
- Support the ecommerce sector to reach volume growth.
Education & Qualifications
- BA in Marketing or related business field (MBA an asset)
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in marketing in a CPG manufacturing/food industry organization
- Strong understanding of food industry in Canada, the US and internationally; experience in natural and organic category and small brands an asset
- Familiarity with Riverside Natural Foods & Competitor Brands an asset
- Self starter with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- An energetic and ‘hands on’ manager able to think strategically while executing marketing activities under extremely tight timelines for the fastest speed to market in the industry.
- Creative problem solver that can envision Marketing execution and also write, design Brand assets if needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, able to delegate effectively
- Intermediate level of skill for Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn new digital solutions.
- Team player, ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast-growing company
- Strategic thinker with superior communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain brand recognition and to develop and implement new marketing strategies
How to Apply
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to us!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.