Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Facilities Technician.
As a Facilities Technician Lead, you are responsible for contributing to the company’s operational performance through facilities maintenance and work order scheduling across all sites including reactive and preventative maintenance for technical and non-technical components.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside Natural Food’s Core Values.
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices.
- Ability to technically assist with facility responsibilities troubleshooting situations, evaluate and implement improvements to mitigate repeat issues in the plants.
- Performs regular facility technical and non-technical component monitoring, inspection and repairs including preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documents are maintained.
- Ensure facilities are always kept to CFIA an BRC standards. Participates in preparation for audits and inspections.
- Schedule and prioritize facility related work orders for all facilities technicians including reactive issues and preventative maintenance tasks (ex facility, utilities and services by contractors onsite)
- Follows up on work order completion and updates records within service maintenance management database.
- Acts as a primary on-site contact for contractors/vendors while on company premises.
- Ensure that maintenance/service contractors perform services as required while following GMP and food building compliance.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Assists in enhancing customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through a positive and enthusiastic work ethic
- This position reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor
Key Perform Indicators
- PM Schedule Attainment
- OEE of Facilities Related Equipment
Education & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of working experience in facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems such as HVAC, compressed air, chillers, and boilers.
- Working and operating knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Experience operating in a food manufacturing facility is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and problem-solving skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs: Office, Excel, PowerPoint .
- A TEAM PLAYER with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, self-starter with a high level of initiative and ADAPTABILITY.
- Proven desire to learn, takes OWNERSHIP, and a PASSION for technical fields.
- Demonstrates HUMILITY
throughout the company on a day-to-day basis.
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment.
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Facilities Technician or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.