Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Riverside. We are an organic, “better for you” snack company, manufacturing award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know us as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars. And your pup begs for a Cookie Pal treat, our human-grade, vegan dog treats.
At Riverside, we make delicious snacks that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating foods that are good for you and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Come work with a new Canadian leader! We value teamwork, humility, respect, ownership, adaptability, passion and fun. Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
You can learn more about us at www.riversidenaturalfoods.com
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Distribution Supervisor.
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible to take OWNERSHIP for all activity on their shift within the company’s distribution areas.
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s Core Values.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Lead by example and ensure distribution staff adhere to all related company policies and procedures
- Ensure only individuals that are fully trained and authorized operate equipment. All operators must have a valid license.
- Continually work with team to identify potential safety concerns, ensure all safety incidents are reported and documented. This includes ALL near misses.
- Manage and enforce record keeping - Circle checks, Drivers Log, Deviation, LOTO and any other safety and food safety.
TEAM TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure clear communication of expectations, then monitor and review team member performance in collaboration with the Distribution Manager. Performance is regularly discussed with each team member.
- Train distribution staff upon hiring and on a continuous basis to ensure their knowledge and performance meet expectations.
- Establish development plans for team members as needed
PERFORMANCE & PLANNING
- Own data driven workload and resource planning activities for the shift that provide 1-2 weeks of visibility
- Ensure resources and space available are used optimally, continuously looking for improvements
- Demonstrate management of receiving and shipping processes that minimize error rate
- Prioritize inventory accuracy and required habits across the entire team
- Exhibit and role model high standards for space cleanliness, organization, and compliance to policies and procedures
- Collaborate with all teams effectively for mutual benefit
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
- Other related duties as assigned
The position reports directly to the Distribution Manager.
Distribution staff on each shift report to a Distribution Supervisor.
- Inventory Accuracy %
- Shipping and receiving errors.
- Labeling and storage errors missing pallets.
- Production picking and returns accuracy and efficiency
- Voluntary Turnover % of Distribution Staff
- Loading Efficiencies – demurrage and delays.
Education & Qualifications
- High school and/or college diploma
- Experience and knowledge with all distribution processes
- Knowledge of WMP advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- ADAPTABLE to changing environments,
- Proven Leadership
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workloads
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- TEAM player with a positive attitude
- PASSIONATE with a positive attitude with a desire to learn and collaborate
- Demonstrates HUMILITY throughout the company on a daily basis
- Aptitude to exhibit, RESPECT and protect Riverside’s Core Values in a changing environment
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need, then please submit your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Distribution Supervisor or click the apply button!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.