Riverside Natural Foods, home of MadeGood.® We believe the choices we make affect the people around us. Positive choices have the power to inspire goodness in others and we like to lead by example. We value and respect the relationships we have with our employees and customers and like to leave the communities we work with better than we found them. You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
Fresh, innovative, positive, forward thinking. Riverside Natural Foods is a young company manufacturing award winning, organic, allergen free snack foods. Ours is an open, friendly, very busy and fast paced work environment where everyone pitches in to help. We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as a Technology Manager.
The Technology Manager is responsible for the strategic and operational direction of the organization’s information and technology needs, including the implementation and integration of system and technology initiatives necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Asset Management: Hardware and Software
- People Leadership
PR1 – Systems
- Manages and oversees the system requirements for the Company’s ERP system (SAP), including working/collaborating with the company’s ERP consultants and the SAP consultants to ensure the efficient operation of the system
- Liaises with user groups across the organization to assess IT/IS needs and develop business solutions to automate and improve business processes
- Ensures there is no downtime and that there is consistent protocol with respect to the back-up and security of the organization’s information systems
- Oversees the management of the server and file directory
- Manages, reviews and maintains and user access/security profiles across the organization’s management systems
- Oversees Document/Records Management, storage/archiving, transferring of files, file sharing, automatic notifications
PR2 – Asset Management: Hardware and Software
- Analyzes information and technology needs from a strategic and operational perspective, determining requirements and resources required and makes recommendations
- Negotiates and manages vendor relationships
- Develops, recommends and documents governance matters related to IT plans, policies, standards, procedures and checklists
- Managing information technology assets, budgets and expenditures
- Maintains current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Makes recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Recommends and implements system and technology solutions, trouble-shooting issues, automating organizational tasks; and supervising activities and IT staff
- Prepares, maintains and tests organizational technology plan, including disaster recovery plans and procedures
PR3 – Communication
- Oversees and provides support and maintenance for the company’s e-mail, cellular, internet, social media, website, conferencing FTP, file transfer
- Analyze, recommend and implement communication systems such as business phone network, cellular network, conferencing, messaging and email
- Prepares business case analysis for the Company’s leadership team when appropriate
PR4 – Training
- Assists users to maximize technology
- Assesses, designs and provides system and technology training, including training on the ERP
- Prepares and conducts internal training presentations to all employees on new information system releases
- Assists Managers with sourcing IT training requirements for division specific software
PR5 – People Leadership
- Trains, supervises and evaluates assigned staff
- Hires and manages information technology staff and contractors
- Provides support to all Information Technology team members
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced Information Technology staff
- Provides Information Technology team members with timely feedback on performance expectations and delivers annual Information Technology staff performance evaluations.
- Participates in interviews and recruiting of Information Technology team members as needed.
- Set and manages performance expectations and provides career guidance for Information Technology team
- Handles employee relations issues around performance, discipline and termination in consultation with Human Resources for the Information Technology team
- Leads and/or recommends training and professional development opportunities or initiatives for Information Technology staff
We are looking for an IT ‘Visionary’. A true leader that can bring the sophistication and expertise to oversee the development of IT tools and solutions that drive business performance into the future.
Prioritizing and understanding the requirements of the organization is essential in identifying the sequence for which daily problems and priorities must get resolved. The measure of department success is when we don’t get a call and there’s no downtime.
People want the latest in technology and access to everything. The IT Manager must know when to say “no”, e.g. employees asking for software, when they don’t really need it and without a full understanding of the licensing costs and fees. Additionally, many employees will not have an appreciation of software applications that can be integrated in to the ERP and/or other systems. Therefore, the IT manager will have a demonstrated people and collaboration skills.
The IT Manager is directly accountable to and works under the direction of the Director of Finance and is expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following general, high-level guidance and intent. Work is reviewed and approved on a regular basis and performance is evaluated in terms of results achieved.
The IT Manager will be responsible for building a high impact, well trained and collaborative IT team for the organization. The IT Manager will also be required to supervise the work provided by external contractors, on a project basis.
- BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- MBA is desirable
- PMP is desirable
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Competency Requirements
- Windows7/8/10, Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013/2016), Office 365, Microsoft SCCM & SCOM, Microsoft Project 2010/2013, Microsoft Visio, Checkpoint Firewall-1, Citrix XenAPP, Cisco IOS, Symantec Backup Exec (12), IBM Lotus Notes 6.54, VMware ESXi Enterprise/Standard, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, SAP ECC6, Cognos 8, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft System Center (SCCM), Sage 50
- SAP S/4 Hana or related SAP ERP systems
- Dell, IBM and HP Blade Servers, Tape library units, Dell Power Connect, HP Procurve & Cisco Catalyst (3560, 6506, 2960) switches, Cisco (1700, 2600, 3600) routers, Sun Storagetek D220 SAN, LaCie NAS, Sun Storagetek L40, Cisco Wireless Controller 4400, Cisco Secure ACS 4.0 appliance, Cisco Aironet 3602i AP , Dell Sonicwall E-Series NSA and TZ series appliances
- Linux (Red Hat – 7.3/8.0/9.0), Fedora 12), Microsoft (2008/2013), Solaris (7, 9)
- 25, 802.3, 802.11, TCP/IP, NetBEUI, EIGRP, BGP, RIP, and OSPF,VRF,VRRP
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2010, MYSQL, Oracle 8
- C++, .NET, ASP, PERL, RPG, ABAP
- Knowledge of current computer hardware and software systems and programs; Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Knowledge of Security systems in order to maintain a virus free systems environment
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
- Ability to install, maintain, upgrade and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Walters Inc. vision and mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a team of senior professionals
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn
- Strategic & Creative Thinker
- Resilient and Change Focused
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective verbal, written and listening skills
- Demonstrated record of living ‘the core values’
- Primarily an office-based position situated at the head office in Vaughan, ON
- Commuting to meetings hosted off site with vendors and related parties is required from time to time
How to Apply
If you believe that a fast paced, creative, friendly and entrepreneurial environment at a company with a commitment to excellence is the place for you and if you have the attitude and experience we need, then please apply with your resume!
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.